Current 6th Grade Students Must Have Proof Of Tdap Shot To Begin School on August 10, 2016 for 7th Grade.
|CURRENT 6th Grade Students Must Have Proof Of Whooping Cough Immunization. Please submit proof of shot to school office by March 27, 2017|
|New immunization requirements for the 2016-2017 school year/SB 277: All incoming Kindergarten and 7th grade students must have current immunizations on record to begin school on August 10, 2016. California law SB 277 no longer allows personal or religious beliefs exemptions. Click here for more information.|
Having problems with the online textbook?
Some solutions for the online textbook:
1. Make sure you are using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser. These are free to download. Internet Explorer does not work well with the textbook website.
2. Enable pop-ups. Some of the features of the textbook open as a pop-up. Many browsers are automatically set to disable pop-ups. You can Google instructions on how to enable pop-ups on your browser. This affects Level Up Tutorials especially.
3. Update Java. If your Java is not up-to-date, some of the videos and tutorials will not play.
4. The login AND password are the student's SSID (State Student ID) number. This is a 10-digit number that should be on a sticker inside the student's agenda. It is used to log in to many systems at school: Mathia, Illuminate, and the English textbook. The number is also on Aeries, but you'll need to go to the full site (the phone app has access to the full site as well).
If students aren't able to get their assignment done at home, the library is open before school, at lunch, and after school. I am in my classroom during most of those times as well.
Not sure what an assignment is?
If you need a description of an assignment:
1. Click on the assignment on the Google calendar (below). If the description is too long, click on More Details in the box.
2. Click on the assignment title in Aeries. A description will pop up.
Sign up for Remind & get class announcements by text or email!
To receive messages via text, text @amarquis8 to 81010 (for English 8 class only; see AVID English or AVID page for code)
You can opt out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @amarquis8'.
Or to receive messages via email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe, reply with 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
Students will be graded on a 5 point scale:
Some assignments, such as in-class notes or very small assignments, will be weighted as one assignment, while other assignments, such as large essays or projects, will be weighted as more than one assignment. This means that all assignments count, but missing a large essay or project will affect a student's grade more than missing a small assignment.
Make up work will lose one grade level off of what was earned (example: if the student earned a B, the student will receive a C for the late assignment). Assignments are only accepted for two weeks and will become a zero after that. The best way to keep a grade high is to turn in every assignment on time. The best way to raise a grade is to turn in all missing assignments. This must be done before any extra credit will be considered.
Information shared with parents at Open House.
These are the openers we do every day. They are separated by date. The task goes on the left-hand side of the journal; the notes on the right-hand side.
Propaganda PowerPoint- notes and activity
This is a picture of the Propaganda 2-Chunk paragraph instructions we did in class on Jan 30.
This is the PowerPoint we used to determine what techniques and type of propaganda were used in WWII posters.
Instructions for the Fake News and Propaganda 2-chunk paragraph
This is an example of how a 3-chunk Body Paragraph might look like for the Holocaust Essay. Now includes sample introduction paragraphs.
Directions for how to submit the essay on Google Docs.
Holocaust Essay- body paragraph structure sheet
Find Your Mistakes- the second editing and revising worksheet for the Holocaust Essay
Revision and Editing Checklist for the Holocaust Essay
Example of a Ripple Effect PowerPoint using Harriet Tubman
Instructions for the Frederick Douglass Ripple Effect PowerPoint Project.
Instructions for how to email a PowerPoint (for example- for the Frederick Douglass Ripple Effect Project
Student Choice Ripple Effect Project instructions and list of people choices
An example essay for the Student Choice Ripple Effect project.